Wednesday 4 November 2009

K.I.D - YOU DON'T LIKE MY MUSIC




K.I.D were a german outfit fronted and produced by keyboard player Geoff Bastow. The more widely known version of this is the instrumental due to its U.S release on SAM (which did not include the vocal version), whereas the original actually came out on Italian disco label BABY RECORDS. For some reason the instrumental was renamed 'Hupendi Muziki Wangu' which translates to 'You do not want my music' in Swahili, a language spoken in a number of different Central and East African countries. Why this was done I can only speculate. The lyrics are clearly aimed at a woman, perhaps one that spoke Swahili. I am sure that many of you out there that can relate to the lyrics in this tune, I know I can. My copy of this is the U.K release on EXCALIBER, I prefer the instrumental of this record but posted the vocal just because it's a bit more obscure. I am not sure what Geoff Bastow is up to now days, but everything I have heard by K.I.D. is KILLER. The instrumental was re issued recently the on the HMD compilation on Strut which you can pick up HERE.

K.I.D. - You don't like my music by theghettodisco

1 comment:

Le Sargistanais said...

Awesome Job. I was wondering if a 12 Inch on Excalibur records with a long vocal version was released.

I have the Sam (instrumental)with the it's hot on the other side and the 7 inch on Excalibur, and Damn this sound is Good.

Thanks